I have to tell you. Finding these Unicity products and the people in this Company was the best thing for my life! The Balance, which was first known as Bios Life Slim, Unicity Cleanse, LiFiber, Complete and Matcha are life-changing. The best results came after I started the Transformation, and learned what I needed to do to make EASY lifetime changes. Knowing what does and does not work for me is the secret! I am still on this journey, but never look back!
Clyde Aikau is one of the World’s most recognized Big Wave surfers and has been surfing for over 40 years
Big wave surfing is one of the Works’ Most Dangerous Sports.. with waves reaching 50 feet or More!
Here is Clyde’s Bios Life Slim Story!
( **Bios Life Slim is now sold as Unicity Balance- same formulation)
- • Chromium plays a role in the metabolism of glucose, and is necessary for energy production. Since this mineral assists in the production of insulin, it helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and can be beneficial both for people with hypoglycemia and diabetes. It is also critical to the synthesis of cholesterol, fats, and proteins.
- • Chromium polynicotinate is more effective than any other type of chromium, as it binds the elemental chromium to niacin (vitamin B-3). This provides a biologically active form of chromium, which is more absorbable in the body.
- • Chromium, a trace mineral that is often deficient in adults, may help to prevent or treat metabolic problems, including obesity, glucose intolerance, and unhealthy lipid profiles, according to Georgetown University researchers.
- • A significant number of adults are unknowingly deficient, and no test exists to make the diagnosis. The appearance of metabolic syndrome may be the first sign of chromium deficiency. In the body, chromium improves the sensitivity of insulin receptors, helping to promote optimal metabolism of sugars.
- • More than 90% of U.S. adults have a deficiency of the mineral chromium. Chromium is not readily absorbed from foods, and the human body even has difficulty in absorbing chromium from most nutritional supplements. To alleviate this problem, the U.S. Department of Agriculture developed and patented chromium picolinate, a readily absorbed form of the mineral.
- • Other studies reported at the conference showed that chromium picolinate in humans improved the HDL/LDL ratio and that it increased muscle mass while decreasing the percentage of body fat. Athletes doing weight training taking chromium picolinate at Bemidji State University had a 21 percent greater drop in body fat and a 42 percent greater increase in muscle mass than athletes on the same program not taking the supplement.
- • In an 8-week trial at Georgetown University, chromium polynicotinate helped overweight women lose fat while sparing muscle, compared to the group using a placebo.
- • Nicholas V. Perricone, M.D., In his blog relates that chromium polynicotinate may even increase lifespan by as much as 20 percent.
- • According to a study done by researchers at Cornell University, chromium provides major relief for depression.
- • In this double-blind study, volunteers received 300 mcg per day of niacin-bound chromium polynicotinate or placebo for three months. At the trial’s end, the supplemented group had lower fasting glucose and triglyceride levels than the control group, and also had lower levels of glycosylated hemoglobin, or hemoglobin A1c, a measure of long-term blood sugar control. The niacin-bound chromium supplement was well tolerated, with no adverse effects reported.
- • Niacin-bound chromium supplementation may thus reduce the risk for glucose intolerance, prevent the progression of glucose intolerance to frank diabetes, improve glucose control in diabetics, and assist in managing elevated triglyceride levels.
- • Reference: Yasmin T, Shara M, Bagchi M, Preuss HG, Bagchi D. Toxicological assessment of a novel niacin-bound chromium, known to ameliorate the symptoms of metabolic syndromes. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 45th Annual Meeting, abs 77, October;76(2):272-5.
- • Gymnema Sylvestre ..In healthy adults gymnema sylvestre is believed to help curb cravings for sweets. Though not a magic bullet, when taken with a high-carbohydrate meal or a meal high in sugar, it can aid the body by passing through sugars and making carbs available for burning, rather than turning these into fat stores. In this way it helps to build lean muscle mass
- • Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.
- • Papaya helps prevent constipation and also aid in digestion. Papaya contains the protein called papain which is a digestive enzyme that helps in natural digestion process.