Our immune system is highly responsive to diet, exercise, and lifestyle. Factors such as sleep deprivation and day-to-day stress can weaken our defences. Many natural food sources provide substances that can help trigger and strengthen immune activity.
To help support the immune system through supplementation, Immunizen contains cutting-edge ingredients that provide a food source in the intestinal tract for “friendly” bacteria crucial to immune function and support the body’s Immune cells – especially macrophages — in digesting foreign material in the bloodstream. (A proprietary blend of colostrum (Intact®, standardized to 15% lgG, bovine) arabinogalactan (FiberAid® AG), beta 1,3 1,6 glucan (yeast cell wall extract), lactoferrin (milk protein), stearic acid, and silicon dioxide in a gelatin capsule.)
Immunizen contains Arabinogalactan, Intact Colostrum, 1, 3 1, 6 Beta Gluten, and Lactoferrin. These ingredients have a beneficial impact on the health and strength of the body’s natural defences. Arabinogalactan, a soluble fibre that is one of the most active compounds in Echinacea, is a carbohydrate found in various plants. Immunizen improves your immune system and function with ingredients that also stimulates Glutathione production a naturally produced Master Anti-oxidant, Immune System Enhancer and Agent to Aid in Detoxification.
‘The health benefits of Immunizen include protecting the body with antioxidants and helping the body make better use of iron.’
The human immune system relies on cellular organisms, such as T-cells and macrophages, and immunoregulatory chemicals, such as interferon and interleukin. Before pharmaceutical antibiotics in the 1930s and ’40s, doctors helped people keep healthy through the use of natural substances that stimulated the body’s own defence organisms and chemicals.
- Arabinogalactan, a soluble fibre that is one of the most active compounds in Echinacea, is a carbohydrate found in various plants. Arabinogalactans in general belong to a group of carbohydrates called polysaccharides and these are known to offer numerous health benefits. While they are abundant in a wide range of plants, they are most commonly sourced from the western larch tree (larix species), thus larch arabinogalactan is what is readily available in supplement form. Larch AG acts as a food supply to friendly intestinal bacteria, making it what we call a “prebiotic”. When consumed it has a positive effect on the microflora in your gut. It does this by providing substance for the microflora to ferment, resulting in the production of short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) such as butyrate and propionate. These SCFAs are critical to the health of the colon. They protect the intestinal lining against disease and cancer promoting agents by providing the main energy source for the colonic cells and increasing beneficial bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacillus. Another way this compound enhances the immune system is through macrophage and natural killer (NK) cell activation. By stimulating these two important immune system components, larch AG is able to directly affect the body’s ability to target outside invaders like bacteria and viruses as well as cancerous or precancerous cells.
- Intact colostrum is derived from the pre-milk liquid of the bovine mammary gland during the first 24 to 48 hours after giving birth. Our patented, low-heat processing preserves nutrients and active ingredients to provide the highest concentration of fresh proteins, antibodies, and growth factors. Donor cows are raised free of pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics. Immunizen’s patented form of Intact® Colostrum and other ingredients supply key immunoglobulins, antibodies, inhibitors, protein compounds, growth factors, and enzymes.
- 1, 3 1, 6 Beta Glucan is a large-chain sugar molecule isolated from the cell walls of baker’s yeast, shiitake and maitake mushrooms, and oat and barley bran. Dr. Vaclav Vetvicka Ph.D. said in his book on beta glucan “there are other agents that stimulate the immune system. However, glucans are in a class apart, because those other agents can push the immune system to over stimulation. This means they can make matters worse in the case of auto-immune illnesses such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, allergies and yeast functions. Glucans however do stimulate the immune system, but never to the point where it becomes overactive. In addition glucan is one of the few natural immunomodulators for which we know not only the composition but also the mechanism of action.”Beta Glucan is a safe all natural fiber molecule that scientists all over the world are researching. In fact Beta Glucan is the most studied natural immunomodulator on earth. Brown Cancer researchers, led by Dr. Gordon Ross, discovered that beta-glucan can markedly enhance the immune response of mice to injected tumors. This treatment is now being tested for the first time in humans at the University of Louisville and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. In fact Dr. Gordon Ross has shown in some of his studies that Beta Glucan administered alone has reduced tumor weight by almost half in the subjects.
- Beta Glucans, 1, 3, 6Beta glucans are biological defense modifiers (BDM) that nutritionally enhance, modify and balance the immune system. Glucans have been investigated for many years, particularly in light of their ability to activate macrophage immune cells and, in turn, the T-Cells, NK-Cells and B-Cells including selected cytokines and complement. The scientific literature is voluminous over many decades, including a considerable body of patent literature. Beta Glucan action nutritionally aids the body, particularly when the immune cell population is being reduced or limited by a disease condition, or such treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy.
- Lactoferrin (milk protein) Colostrum, the first milk produced after a baby is born, contains high levels of Lactoferrin, about seven times the amount found in milk produced later on. Lactoferrin is also found in fluids in the eye, nose, respiratory tract, intestine, and elsewhere. Lactoferrin is used for treating stomach and intestinal ulcers, diarrhea , and Hepatitis C. It is also used as an antioxidant and to protect against bacterial and viral infections. Other uses include stimulating the immune system, preventing tissue damage related to aging, promoting healthy intestinal bacteria, preventing cancer, and regulating the way the body processes iron.http://www.webmd.com/
Arabinogalactan acts as a food source in the intestinal tract for “friendly” bacteria, which are important for maintaining a healthy immune system. It also aids the body’s immune cells, especially macrophages, which digest foreign material in the bloodstream.
- Macrophage is a type of white blood cell that ingests (takes in) foreign material. It surrounds and kills microorganisms, removes dead cells, and stimulates the action of other immune system cells. Colostrum is known to have key immunoglobulins, antibodies, inhibitors, protein compounds, growth factors, and enzymes.
“Colostrum as an anti-cancer agent”
Phytic Acid … is a powerful antioxidant. Phytic Acid is found in very high concentrations in colostrum… A specially formulated form of phytic acid, called Cellular Forte with IP-6 is used to treat cancers of many types. One of its major effects is to prevent iron from reaching cancer cells. Its iron binding power is so great that it is also used to treat the iron-overload disease, hemochromatosis.
Colostrum … upon contact with stomach acid inhibits attachment from, and kills
- e. coli bacteria (with colostrum Leucocytes), clostridium,
- food poisoning,
- helicobacter pylori,
Counters leaky gut and irritable bowel syndrome,
- chronic fatigue,
- autoimmunity diseases, (rheumatoid) arthritis, lupus, and cancers,
- improves intestinal assimilation of nutrients,
- inhibits protein breakdown,
- shifts energy sources from carbohydrates to fats,
- spurs glucose transport in muscles,
- multiple sclerosis
“More possible benefits of Colostrum”
- Reduced food consumption 60% in Leptin-deficient mice, while increasing energy.
- Leptin is found in mother’s milk colostrum: large fat cells indicate Leptin deficiency. Leptin-deficient obese mice lost 40% of body weight after 1 month on Leptin, and reduced diabetes, eventually becoming as lean as the most athletic mice: while normal mice lost 12% of bodyweight.
- Leptin was recently found to regulate at least six Gene clusters, inhibiting fat-production enzyme Acety 1-CoA-Carboxylase, reducing synthesis of fat cells, while improving fat-burning in muscle cells. … Anti-Aging Manual by Joseph B Marion, page 10
“Beta glucans have been used as an immunoadjuvant therapy (an immune system stimulant) for cancer since 1980, mostly in Japan.”
1, 3 1, 6 Beta Glucan When it comes to naturally boosting the immune system by optimizing its response to diseases and infections, beta glucans are crucial weapons in the fight to stay healthy. scores of research shows that adding beta glucans to your daily diet can play a significant role in helping your body fend off not only the common cold and respiratory infections but also more serious diseases, including cancer.
- In an earlier Japanese study, mice with tumors that received beta glucans, including lentinan, experienced a rapid decrease in the number of tumor cells as well as a notable increase inneutrophils in solid tumors.7 Neutrophils are a type of white blood cell that destroys invaders—in this case, cancerous cells—by ingesting them and using chemicals to break them down. In fact, beta glucans have been used as an immunoadjuvant therapy (an immune system stimulant) for cancer since 1980, mostly in Japan.1
- Studies show they also help the body do battle with bacteria resistant to antibiotic treatment and viruses that cause upper respiratory infections. At Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, researchers found that the compound enhances antibiotic efficacy in rats infected with antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Rats with intra-abdominal sepsis due to antibiotic-resistant bacteria—namely, Escherichia coli or Staphylococcus aureus—were given a type of Beta Glucan (PGG glucan) that enhances the function of macrophages and neutrophils.
- Beta Glucans also appear to mitigate the symptoms of the common cold—or at least reduce the number of days people call in sick to work. The Montana Center for Work Physiology and Exercise Metabolism examined beta glucans’ ability to mitigate upper respiratory infections in a single blind, randomized trial in 2008. Participants who consumed the supplement had fewer (23%) upper respiratory tract infections.
Lactoferrin acts as an antioxidant, helps the body make better use of iron, and contributes to the body’s primary defence system. The health benefits of 1,3 1,6 beta glucan have been widely studied and acknowledged since the 1950s.
- In The American Journal of Natural Medicine (March 1998), Dr. Zoltan Rona, referring to the growth factors in colostrum, cites a study which was published in the New England Journal of Medicine (323:1-6, 1990).
- In the study, Dr. Daniel Rudman treated 26 men between the ages of 61 and 80 with GH. Dr. Rudman found a decrease in body fat, an increase in bone density and lean muscle mass, and thicker, more elastic skin, changes Dr. Rudman said were equivalent to those incurred over a 10 to 20 year period of ageing.
- Dr William Hennen, author of Transfer Factor, the Natural Immune Booster, who compounded the cutting edge variant of TF called Transfer Factor Plus, describes this immune agent as a “concentrated immune massaging system.”
- Besides raising the IQ of the individual’s immune system as well gathering intelligence so as to alert naive and dormant immune systems to the impending danger, TFs extracted from colostrum and taken orally are also able to boost “natural killer cell” (NK) activity as well as moderate an over-excited immune system through the “suppressor” component in TFs. Moreover, TFs will act as a memory agent for the immune system. Asserts Dr Hennen: “Transfer Factors are immune messenger molecules that educate and alert naive immune cells to an impending danger. They perform a catalytic role in the immune system.”
Author: Darlene Long