- Echinacea supports the Immune System. Several constituents found within Echinacea team together to increase the production and activity of white blood cells; lymphocytes and macrophages.
1.) Echinacea cuts the chances of catching a common cold by 58 percent.
2.) Echinacea reduces the duration of the common cold by almost one-and-a-half days.
- Canker Sores [Mouth Ulcers]
- Common cold/sore throat
- Crohn’s Disease
- Gingivitis [Periodontal disease]
- Influenza [Flu]
- Recurrent ear infection
- Yeast Infection.
- Alleviates Pain
Echinacea’s history began when echinacea purpurea was used by the Great Plains Indians as a painkiller. It’s especially effective for the following types of pain:
– Pain in the bowels
– Pain associated with headaches
– Pain associated with HSV (Herpes)
– Pain associated with gonorrhoea
– Pain associated with measles
– Sore throats
– Stomach ache – Whooping cough – Tonsillitis
– Toothache – Acute sinusitis – Inflammation
- Giardiasis, found in streams in North America.
- Salmonella Typhi,
- Candida Albicans
- Strengthen the Immune System
- Another impressive study found that among several herbs tested in vitro, goldenseal extract was the most active in inhibiting the growth of H. pylori, a type of bacteria which can lead to gastritis, ulcers and even stomach cancer.
- Goldenseal is also recommended to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), which are caused by bacterial overgrowth in the bladder’s interior walls. The berberine in goldenseal actually prevents the E. coli from binding to urinary tract walls.
- According to a study published in the “Journal of Biomedical Science” in September 2002, properties in burdock root help prevent damage to the liver and are effective in treating liver damage caused by alcohol use.
- A study published in “Inflammopharmacology” in October 2011 found burdock detoxifies blood and promotes blood circulation to skin surface, improving skin texture and mitigating conditions like eczema. Burdock root helps induce lymphatic drainage and detoxification. As a natural blood cleanser, it has a wonderful effect on the lymphatic system.
- Burdock root is a natural diuretic so through burdock consumption, you can naturally and easily help your body to eliminate excess water by increasing urine output. By elevating the rate of urination, burdock root can help to remove waste from the blood and body.
- Internally and externally, it has potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects on the human body. Recent studies also show that burdock contains phenolic acids, quercetin and luteolin, which are all powerful, health-promoting antioxidants.
- It has been found to contain antibiotic and anti-fungal properties. It is beneficial for skin disorders, kidney problems, arthritis and Gout.
- One big reason burdock shows promise for naturally fighting cancer is the fact that it contains arctigenin. Arctigenin is a lignan found in certain plants of the Asteraceae family, including greater burdock (Arctium lappa), which has been shown to combat cancer cells by selectively stopping the proliferation of cancer cells and by inhibiting the cancer cells’ production of particular proteins (NPAT proteins), hence crippling cancer’s ability to reproduce. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0944711313002857
- Another study found that arctigenin was a cancer-specific phytochemical that killed human lung cancer cells, human liver cancer cells and human stomach cancer cells http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11418-012-0628-0
- Dandelion acts as a mild laxative that promotes digestion, stimulates appetite, and balances the natural and beneficial bacteria in the intestines. It can increase the release of stomach acid and bile to aid digestion, especially of fats.
- This weed-like superfood is a diuretic that helps the kidneys clear out waste, salt, and excess water by increasing urine production. In French it is called pissenlit, which translates roughly to �wet the bed.� This inhibits microbial growth in the urinary system too. Dandelion also replaces some of the potassium lost in the process.
- Dandelion has been shown to improve liver function by removing toxins and reestablishing hydration and electrolyte balance. It also increases the release of bile.
- Every part of the dandelion plant is rich in antioxidants that prevent free-radical damage to cells and DNA. It is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A as beta-carotene and increases the liver’s production of superoxide dismutase.
- The ability to combat cancer is not a claim made lightly, but dandelion seems to show promise in study after study after study. Dandelion may slow cancer’s growth and prevent it from spreading. The leaves are especially rich in the antioxidants and phytonutrients that combat cancer. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/129045/abs/ http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874110006434 http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/sp/ijo/2008/00000032/00000005/art00014
- Dandelion increases bile production and reduces inflammation to help with gallbladder problems and blockages.
- Dandelion contains essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and phytonutrients that all reduce inflammation throughout the body. This can relieve pain and swelling.
- Studies also show that dandelion boosts immune function and fights off microbes and fungi.
Dandelion leaves, flowers, and roots are all edible. They have a slightly bitter flavor that can be minimized by harvesting them in the fall or spring. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20646355 http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJFDTOTAL-HYYY200906030.htm
- University of Maryland says; In the past, dandelion roots and leaves were used to treat liver problems. Native Americans also boiled dandelion in water and took it to treat kidney disease, swelling, skin problems, heartburn, and upset stomach. In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), dandelion has been used to treat stomach problems, appendicitis, and breast problems, such as inflammation or lack of milk flow. In Europe, dandelion was used in remedies for fever, boils, eye problems, diabetes, and diarrhea. http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/dandelion
- Cayenne pepper benefits include being full of beta carotene and antioxidants that support your immune system. It aids in breaking up and moving congested mucus, and once this nasty mucus leaves the body, the symptoms of the flu or cold will diminish.
- Cayenne pepper benefits include its ability to stimulate circulation and eliminate acidity. Cayenne pepper restores the circulatory system by opening the capillaries and regulating blood sugar; it also helps the digestive system that moves bacteria and toxins out of the body.
- Cayenne pepper benefits include its anti-irritant properties, making it effective in easing ulcers, upset stomachs, cough and even potentially cure diarrhea.
- Studies have found that cayenne pepper relieves pain after surgery, such as a mastectomy or an amputation. It also alleviates pain from nerve damage in the feet or legs from diabetes, lower back injuries, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, as well as fibromyalgia symptoms like joint or muscle pain.
- One of the major cayenne pepper benefits is the positive effect it has on the digestive system. Cayenne pepper helps produce saliva, which is important for excellent digestion as well as preventing bad breath. Consuming cayenne pepper stimulates our salivary glands, which is needed to begin the digestive process.
- The final cayenne pepper benefit is its ability to kill fungus and prevent the formation of fungal pathogens. Cayenne pepper was investigated to determine its in vitro antifungal activity, and the results found that it was active against 16 different fungal strains, including Candida. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12627807
- Blood clots are blockages in your arteries and blood vessels that limit blood flow through your circulatory system. Cayenne encourages fibrinolytic activity and helps prevent blood clots. This is also the reason why cayenne pepper is effective in preventing heart attacks. The capsaicin in cayenne pepper helps to clear away artery-narrowing lipid deposits, and dilates arteries and blood vessels to clear away clots.
- Because cayenne is an anti-inflammatory agent, it has the power to prevent allergies and the symptoms related to allergies. A food allergy, for example, is a measurable response to consuming a specific food. Food allergies, or intolerances, can be caused by a condition known as leaky gut (intestinal permeability), when proteins and food particles pass through the gut and cause systemic body inflammation.
Leaky gut is like having the gates broken from your intestines to your bloodstream so that toxins, microbes and undigested food particles can now get through. When this happens, it causes inflammation throughout your body, leading to a variety of diseases.
- Studies suggest that capsaicin may have a role as a natural remedy for cancer, including in the management of prostate cancer. One study conducted at University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine found that this important ingredient in cayenne pepper is able to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and prevent the activation of new dangerous formations. (5)
There is also data from California’s Loma Linda University that suggests that cayenne pepper benefits include being effective in helping prevent lung cancer in smokers. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16540674