My first MS symptoms occurred in 1981 when I had uncontrollable contractions of my left hand. I was hospitalized and tested (spinal tap & myelogram), but the results were inconclusive.
I am very thankful that my MS is the relapsing/remitting type, and my next severe episode did not occur until 1990 when I suddenly developed double vision. This time an MRI was able to pinpoint my MS.
I am very thankful for my doctor, who not only persevered until my disease was properly diagnosed, but who also referred me to a dietitian (put me on a low-fat diet) as well as to St. Michael’s Hospital, well known for its MS expertise. Unfortunately, the hospital’s solution was a lifelong dependence on drugs, and I did not have the confidence in this solution to commit to it.
Enter “Enrich” and an herbal seminar given by Clive Buchanan — an MS success story. This began my journey into finding herbal/natural alternative solutions.
I have learned that:
· MS is a Vitamin B & D deficiency
· Calcium Magnesium (aka Cal-Mag) helps with my leg spasms. It also (along with Melatonin and Calmplex) calms my nervous system.
· Bone Mate is beneficial not only for its calcium levels but also for its levels of Vitamin D
· Due to MS draining my energy levels, I have come to depend on Power Generation and Myocap as well as Unicity’s new Smart Energy drinks (both “green” for mental acuity and “red” for its energizing effect).
· CognoBlend helps clear up the mental fog
· Cardio-Essentials is also key to my MS health
· Stress, lack of sleep, and heat are enemies of MS patients
I am very thankful for:
· My family who have been very supportive and strong prayer warriors.
· Darlene Long for her valuable counsel and recommendations.
· My naturopath, who made dietary corrections; who provides chiropractic adjustments to release the “kinks” in my body; and who has placed me on a weekly schedule of B-12 injections.
The quest continues. It is not inexpensive — but its alternative also comes with a cost.
Becky – Ontario